its been 31 hrs since my last

cigarette!! up until now i've felt ok about it..mainly because ive been sick the last few days..but now that im starting to feel better, i want one!!! what can i do to get my mind off of it?? its like, i wanna reward myself for doing so good, by having one!! lol..but that kinda defeats the purpose!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• way to goHey, c'mon, you can do this.  Get on your computer and do some research into all the horrible diseases caused or aggravated by smoking:  lung cancer, lip cancer, tongue cancer, emphysema, heart disease, etc.  Think of the money you will save.  Think of the fresh smell your clothes, etc. will have.  Think how delicious food will taste again.  I was hooked and quit and so can you.  You go, girl!

ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 11:30 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• They say a craving only lasts for five minutes ( a long five minutes, I know) so just keep telling yourself to get through the next five minutes! Good for you and good luck!!
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Congrats!!! I suggest the hard candy too....
    But, if you are feeling the urge to do the motion.. My mom used to cut drinking straws to the length of a normal cigarette, and go outside and inhale, and then exhale. Because the straw is hollow and you can actually inhale, you can really get your 'fix'
    Good Luck!
    RachWell

Answer by RachWell at 11:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• If I can do it, I know you can!
    The whole hand to mouth thing was the hardest part of breaking the cravings, I thought. I avoided replacing that bad habit with another bad habit: Food. Instead, I chewed toothpicks and straws.
    Also, for the nicotine, I used the patches, but only for about 2 1/2 weeks. A lot of people say they don't work, but I'm a firm believer that they do if you're really serious about quitting.

Want a reward? So did I. I wanted these really hot go-go platform boots, and also a tattoo. When I was without a smoke for 60 days, I got the boots. When I was without for 90 days, I got the tat.

Best of luck to you, and if I can offer support, I'd be glad to. They say when you get past the first 14 days, you've won the hardest battle. I know it was true for me! I've been smoke-free for 2 years come Feb 19th, and it feels good to say it. I want you to know how good it feels saying it 2 years from now, too. :-)
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:41 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• You can do it.... try getting some hard candy to suck on....I did lollypops, I would actually go outside(where i smoked) and sit and have a lollypop instead of a cig... GL :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:22 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• Go brush your teeth. And google "smokers lung". That should scare you out of wanting one.

It is so awesome that you quit. You should totally be proud of yourself. Yay YOU!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:23 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• yay good for you! Dh and I quit in July, we feel so much better! Stay strong & good luck!
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2011