How to remove mildew stains from clothing

Does anyone have any tips for removing mildew stains from clothing? I washed and dried a load of whites and it wasn't until I was folding them that I found a couple shirts had some mildew stains from a wet rag being thrown in the hamper with them (it sat for a bit while I waited until it was a full load). I was thinking of soaking them in a fairly strong bleach solution, they're white and bleachable, but I thought I'd see if anyone had any other tips since I am a little worried about damaging the fabric with the clorine bleach, Thanks!

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I would try getting a bleach pen any trying it but if you are wanting to do it now I would say mix a small amount of bleach water and just dip the clothing in it and then leave them in the sink or tub to soak it in. Thats my best help and I hope it does! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011