My boyfriend and I.

Don't talk every day, but we have a perfectly healthy and good relationship. When I tell others that though, they tend to act like this is a bad thing. Why do people treat it that way? Why do they think it's necessary to talk every day and that my relationship is weird because we don't? Btw, we've been together 15 months and don't live together.

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you are answering your own question. Friends are pretty good at filtering a lot of information that you share about the relationship.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I think it's weird as well. I don't really know how your relationship is or can even be if you don't talk every day, let alone I don't know how often you actually spend time with one another.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:37 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• We spend 3-5 days of the week together, and text message each other if we don't talk in person, since he works full time and I go to school.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I don't see what's wrong with it. Since you don't live together, you can't expect him to speak to you every waking moment. He works and you go to school, so you still have that time apart, that shouldn't mean anything. Maybe he spends a night or two with his other friends.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:53 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• My bf and I are in a great relationship & have been for about a year and half and we don't "talk" every day. We do at least text everyday but we both have a child and a full time job and lots of friends. Sometimes there's just no time.
    Today for instance... I slept at his place last night and we talked and kissed for a few minutes before I left for work this morning but then I worked a 12 hour day and when I got out I had to go to pick up some groceries for my almost 18 year old and take care of my chihuahuas & some housework and he happily has his 7 year old son overnight tonight. I'd love to have seen him and his son or at least talked to them tonight but by the time I finished with my chores it was too late... they were asleep.
    Seriously...don't worry about what your friends say.. it's your relationship not theirs!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• He does. I think whatever works for the couple works for the couple and people shouldn't pass judgment on it.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I understand it. I'm kind of like that I guess. When I was in relationships I never needed to talk to my bf every single day. I felt secure if a day passed and niether one of us have called the other, especially if we were busy. It never bothered me. The world never ended because I didn't get to talk to my bf for a day or so, and it actually made it kind of better. The next time we go to talk to each other, we had more to say to each other, we were more excited to see each other, you know. it makes it more interesting.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Why worry about what others think about your relationship? If you're happy everyone's else's opinion shouldn't matter...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I dont see anything wrong or weird about that.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011