S/O cord blood....Do you think they take the blood from the part of the umbilical cord that is attached to the baby?

I just want to clear it up...lol cause I was shocked to think someone thinks that they delay the babies cord clamping to take the blood. Hell when they took the cord blood from my birth my son was already cut, being cleaned, and under the little heater. So if that is what you were thinking happened it's false...Here's a video if you are really curious, click to the middle of the video to see the process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wg8T2bFWjQ&feature=player_embedded#!

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 11:35 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am so glad I donated my son's cordblood. His blood was matched with a 50 year old man who had multiple myeloma only five months after it was donated. Although privacy laws prevent us from finding out how the patient is doing, it warms my heart to know that my son was able to give this person a chance at continuing his life.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• that is wonderful, I kept our sons cordblood, it's stored, but I think if I have more kids I may donate it. Marrow.org is a great site. I signed up to be a donor. Basically you do a DNA sample and they match you, and if you have a match out there you can donate marrow or Peripheral blood cell (PBSC)'s....
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I wish I would have :(
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 11:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2011