Should I take her to the doctor? Been sick for 2 weeks!

My daughter is 2 1/2. First it was a stomach bug, and she was deathly ill. We just weathered it at home, and she started to get better and then caught some type of upper respiratory infection and continued to run a slight fever (99.5 ish) for a week. Just as she was starting to get over that she got a cough, a runny nose and a high fever (103.5). She has been sick for two weeks straight now and the kids I babysit just came down with a stomach bug. I'm afraid that we're going to catch that again and be sick even longer.

What should I do? Is there anything that the doctor can do except antibiotics?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• We've had the same stuff around here. My daughter is finally healthy again. We rarely go to the doctor. Hope ths helps.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• It never hurts to take them to the doctor. I am not sure what else the doctor can do except antibiotics, although they will be able to tell you if there is something else going on or if there is an infection of some type.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd take her to the doctor. My friends son had a 105 fever for days because the doctor kept dismissing the symptoms as just a flu, yeah he had freaking Pneumonia.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:38 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I'd probably take her.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:39 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I always take my son in if he's sick for more than 2 weeks. Granted my son has health issues but better safe than sorry.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 4:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• They can check her stool, to make sure she doesn't have a GI infection. Blood levels to see if she currently has an infection. I would take her in.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Her fever is down today and she seems to feel a little better... think we're gonna skip the doctor for now, but if she catches smethig else we will take her in.

Thanks, everyone!
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011