How many moms out there have a SO who wrks alot & then comes home & vegges out in front of the tv so u feel all alone & what is ur solution to dealing w/ it?

melrose79

Asked by melrose79 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• have sex?
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• LOL i can relate...I now work too but oh I can relate...when you are a SAHm you just want some adult interaction! I have been there...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I watch TV with him. We have dinner together and I like him to spend time with our son so I can spend a few minutes alone. Then again I'm sure your children are older than mine. When my son goes to school I will do more stained glass to fill the time in the day and I hope evenings stay family time.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:54 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I wish I was a SAHM. I wrk full time & so does he so I see him even less than if I was a SAHM. I want a companion. :(
    melrose79

Comment by melrose79 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I feel your pain. This has happened while we both worked FT and even now when I work PT and stay home with our son the rest of the time. I used to try to sit and watch TV with him, but he seemed incapable of even putting an arm around me. I gave up on that. For other reasons, I don't care anymore, so I have no stress about it. I have heard of women who will had their TV-watching guy some lotion and put her feet in his lap and at least get a foot massage, though that sounds like a fantasy to me;).

You could try to set aside time specific to the two of you and try to make it work. I have no idea how to do that. I'm pretty sure I am reasonable and he is the asshole, but I could be wrong ...

Good luck.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't tolerate that at all. I work my butt off at work and have to come home and clean house, make dinner, help with homework, showertime, and take care of our dogs...NO WAY IN HELL am i going to tolerate doing all that by myself. Thank goodness I have a good man who wouldn't do that!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'm having the same issue and have been for months!! My husband and I are talking about it and that seems to help. Not that it's been easy so conversations have turned into fights "Oh, I work ALL day and I can't just relax when I come home?" and then on that road. I was mad because we both worked full time - he on his feet all day - me high stress desk job and he gets to sit on his ass and watch TV while I'm cooking, cleaning and hanging out with the kids. Then i started to realize we haven't had a conversation in months. . . We have a lot of other problems too and we are reading marriage books - The love languages is what we are reading through right now. We are talking - not sure if it's going to help.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• We read the five love languages a few years ago. It was a very good book that helped us put each other's needs and wants into perspective. Good idea sunshine :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, my issue is my husband comes home and immediately jumps into a household project (currently redoing the kids bathroom) sometomes I just want him to chill on the couch with me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I used to get upset about this too. But one we talked about it and I am aware he needs that zoning out time. And 2 he is aware that I need an affection "fix". So I sit around and watch tv with him. I found out his shows are funny and we talk about them. He puts his hand on me. I don't dictate how he does it. Sometimes his hand just rests on my foot. Other time he holds my hand. Also I make more dinner on the weekend and we eat leftovers a lot on week days. Otherwise he cooks because he is home before me anyway.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2011