worried about my twins in the childcare center at the gym

my boys have never been in daycare and are soo scared of strangers.
over the summer i was taking them to the childcare center at my gym for an hour or so everyday(they were about ten months) and they cried the whole time, everytime. i was going everyday for weeks. i eventually stopped going for my own reasons and on top of that i felt like i just couldn't take them because the person in charge seemed so over whelmed by them.

so theyre almost sixteen months now and i just have to get back to the gym. i took them tonight so I could go to a class and my mom said she would pick them up early for me.
tyler was sad for a bit when i dropped them off but i guess they didnt cry the whole time but i guess they literally didnt move for fourty five minutes which is just not them you know what i mean...

but if i only go twice a week, do you think they'll get used to it :/
ugh its so stressfull

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes they will get use to it... this is a good thing for them...getting to be around other children they dont know will help them, and dont take them out so soon for this reason. your not gonna stop taking them to preschool cuz they cry will you no, so dont start now.....
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, they will. I went through the same thing with my dd. We are memebers at the YMCA and she had a hard time at first. Try to go the same time of day so the same people will be there. That is what I do and she LOVES them and I know that she is being taken very good care of.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes they will get used to it. I am a twin and my parents didn't have my sister and I around other kids a lot. So when we were around 2 or 3 they said we didn't like to be around other kids. So we cried a lot. But when we got around school age teachers really had to urge us to make friends. We were so used to being just with each other so we didn't have the tools or confidence to make other friends. We grew out of it but still I am more on the shy side. So let this be an opportunity for them to get used to being around other kids. Maybe go more often so they can adjust. They will be ok.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• im sorry mommy but yeah keep taking them when my son went to daycare for the first time he cryed the whole week all day long my sister would pick him up and his little eyes were so red . but he was a year old when i started to go back to work which is why i think it was so hard for him......
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 1:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes my 22 month old cries everytime too. Unless his big sister is there.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They should get used to it. It'll just take time.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 5:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011