for moms that are still with their kid(s) biological father ONLY

Was there ever a point in the relationship that you felt you would be better off raising your kid(s) alone?

lonemom1987

Asked by lonemom1987 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, but I'm glad I've stayed. I love my husband very much, but we've had those times where we've been very close to separating.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No, my husband is an amazing father and my best friend. I can't imagine doing this without him.
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, I was stressed, hormonal and just uptight because he was annoying me. Got over that hump and we're still together, just couldn't be apart.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Has he ever had you take care of everything and he only worry about himself and his wants
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Nope, he has always been a great father.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes. I hate our relationship more with each passing day. He is an ok father and provider, just a terrible husband.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 12:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Occasionally, normally it's because we're not communicating well.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My husband was horrible when the kids were young, he didn't go to school activities, attend conferences, he would say “I have 2 days off a week & I'm going to do what I want" Used to piss me off! One day I set him down and told him how much he was losing out on and the boys will grow up fast with no bonding to him and how would he feel about that! After that he was overly involved, kids are 24 & 20, and they're very close! 27 yrs of marriage and he's awesome! My best friend, stick with it, it's just one of those lousy hurdles you have to cross. Just makes you stronger!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think that at some point everyone feels like that..my husband is a chef and worked 100 hours last week. i never thought that was possible til i met him..and it gives me a dose of what it could be like..but weeks like that are rare and it makes me appreciate him when he is home...Men can be complete idiots, but we have a family and children and i wouldnt want to be without him.
    stylinmomma88

Answer by stylinmomma88 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, in fact earlier today I was. I also can't help but wonder how those every other free weekends would be. But I made vows, I do have a great husband who loves me - so I'm going to say as long as the good days outweigh the bad.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011