What is the best kind of stroller for twins and a singleton?

I am expecting twin boys and I already have a 21 month-old singleton who will be two by the time the twins are here. I was planning on purchasing a double stroller (I don't want the bulk of a triple). I thought maybe I could put one infant carrier and my toddler in the stroller, and then have one of the twins on me in a carrier. I was hoping for some good advice from moms in similar situations... as well as from moms who can recommend a great duo stroller.

luckymommy24

Asked by luckymommy24 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have 2 sets of twins and two singles so I know how you feel. When I had my first set of twins my eldest was only just over a year old, I did the same as your planning and got a double stroller and had a carrier. It was alright, but make sure you get a good carrier, because I found that the first one I got really dug in. Sorry I can't recommend a good duo stroller, ours was handed down by a friend and is ancient! Because we were absolutely broke at the time! Good Luck :)
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 3:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have two kids, not twins but only 18 months apart. I love my double stroller- Combi side by side. It is super light weight 14 lbs compared to the average 35lbs of most doubles!!! It folds really small- smaller then any tandem stroller. You have to use the combi infant seats to match though other carseats don't work. It fits through regular doorways comfortably and manuvers like a dream!
    The other option is to get the graco double stroller frame and snap in the infant carseats directly into that. If your older child is going to be two- start teaching he/she now how to hold onto the stroller when you are out and walk with you. I also would keep a sling carrier with me just in case.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Okay- I only have 2 kids- but I have a stroller that can be a triple and I LOVE it!!! I have the Valco Tri Mode Twin. It is a side by side double (it fits through a standard doorway) and you can buy a toddler seat that a third child can sit in (the toddler seat does not recline so they can't nap in it). THe seats recline all the way so it can be used from birth on up. I had a graco duoglider that I despised. It was just so hard to steer. This stroller can hold one car seat with an adapter. It's an expensive stroller- but I think it was totally worth it. (I bought it on ebay so I spent way less than the retail price....) It also 34 pounds- which is only 4 pounds more than the old duoglider. But it is a dream to steer. I can manuever through stores with one hand. The wheels can lock or swivel. It's a great stroller! I recommend it to anyone!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008