please help...

So I just found out I am pregnant and when I wiped this evening there was a little blood. I have been coughing a lot due to being sick, could this have aggrevated my cervix? What type of things could could cause you to bleed while pregnant? It was only a little bit of blood so I don't know if I need to get checked out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Spotting can happen for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Watch for heavy bleeding with cramping. If you have that, then you need to go to the ER.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I had bleeding with my first son-- brownish-- and everything was fine. I had bleeding with my second pregnancy, bright red, mucousy blood, and I miscarried the next day.

There are a variety of reasons you can spot, some are okay, and some are not. It turns out most women do have a little spotting that is perfectly ok. Some actually have heavier bleeding due to the position of the placenta, and that's okay, too. However, you should notify your doctor of any spotting of blood, let them know what kind (brown, dark red, bright red, pink) and if you just "know" something is wrong, insist on an ultrasound.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The previous answer is correct, I know it is the scariest feeling in the world, it happened to me twice when i was pregnant with my dd, but the best thing to do is try to relax and get some rest...if it will put your mind at ease call your OB and see if they feel you need to be seen. Most likely it's just normal spotting though.
    Heatherdm45

Answer by Heatherdm45 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• be sure to tell your Doctor about it,I had some with my first child and 2nd.And all was fine .Wishing you the best dear!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• well you can still spot while pregnant. as long as there is no BIG amount of blood you're ok. it should be pink or just a tad bit darker OR it should be a nasty dark brown color that looks like discharge after you have your period...you're still early in your pregnancy so you should be fine.God Bless and i hope you feel better
    Tori2013

Answer by Tori2013 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Not to scare you but the old bleeding I had with any pregnancy was a lot of blood - turns out it was a miscarriage. Like a heavy period. I would say check with your ob if you are truly concerned to have it checked out but if its a little bit * one wipe took care of it* you might just be spotting. But if it will put your mind at ease call. Good luck hun
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Spotting is very common in early pregnancy due ot implantation. When the egg attaches to ur fallopian tubes. It depends how far along you are in your pregnancy,..I wouldn't worry too much about it, just watch out for cramping associated w/ blood. If it gets heavier then you should make an appointment right away or go to the ER if u can't go into the office right then at that moment.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• and I didn't mean FT, i meant uterus, WHOOPS!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Spotting is common. I did have some spotting with my second pregnancy. IF it becomes bright red or gets heavier i would contact your dr. or go to the ER to be checked.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 4:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2011