With all these questions on exercise...

Can anyone tell me why I want to eat so much bread? Any kind of plain bread like... english muffins, sandwich bread and bagels.
Am I missing something in my diet?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 12:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• Because when you eat a lot of refined carbs, your blood sugar spikes, causing a huge release of insulin. The result of that is a huge crash in blood sugar, leaving you craving more refined carbs to bring it back up. You should consider cutting out the refined carbs and switching to whole grains, along with lean proteins and healthy fats to help keep your blood sugar level. Small frequent meals will help, too. Once you've had them out of your system for a week or two, you'll crave them a lot less.

I eat clean, which is a great lifestyle.  I've lost almost 40 lbs so far using it, too!  Check out my journal about clean eating basics.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Because it's sooooo yummy!

No seriously, I don't know. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Whole grains are the best since you are craving bread and drink lots of water and walking helps the waistline.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You could also have an intestinal candida yeast infection. It's actually the yeast that is craving the bread.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 4:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• excellent question. I'm glad I read the answers so I know too; however I manufacture kidney stones and cannot eat whole grains and healthy foods. Bummer.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Because breads are fast absorbed and turn to sugar quickly - uber processed food. BTW I love bread too but have to eat as little as possible.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• try not to eat white bread, itll go straight to your ass...lol.
    try eating whole wheat!
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2011