Amber necklace helps with teething??

just seen something on this.. never heard of it. so, is it that the baby just wears it? will it work in bracelet form? if you have used this.. what's your opinion on whether or not it works? :)

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 12:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do not recommend putting any type of necklace on a baby. How it's supposed to work-- i have no idea. I dont' think it works.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i dont think anything is really gonna work with teething
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's WONDERFUL... I swear by them! We went from "drugging" my son with motrin, tylenol, teething tablets, orajel... and still having a cranky baby... to not needing any medications! We would only sometimes give motrin before bed when it was really bad, but otherwise he didn't need anything. And the drooling was cut in half!
    For my son I bought a magnetic one at first so if it got caught it broke away... when he was older I got him some with clasps. My son wore it during the day and we took it off for bed time. It's totally worth getting!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There has been zero scientific evidence that anything external like that is going to help with teething. Some moms swear by it, some think they don't work - it's up to you if you want to try it.

Personally, I don't think they work. Every child, every tooth, is different. My DS had a rough time with his first two, but on the rest of them I wouldn't have even known that he got any more teeth if I hadn't been checking his mouth. If I would have tried the necklace I would have assumed that was why.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Teething tablets worked well for my daughter now I have to figure out something different with my son though.
    OliviaW.

Answer by OliviaW. at 5:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011