i just dont understand

if you had sex a week before your period, then have your period, then the next month find out you're pregnant?.are you more fertile before your period, after, or both? im just confused..please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's different with every person. Me personally I'm most fertile 7 days after my period. My BF is 14 days.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• your more fertile 14 days before your period. http://www.askdramy.com/fertile.html

niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 12:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• you can get pregnant on your period.and you can have a period even if you are regnant everyone is different.I have been told you are more likely to get pregnant the week b4,but over the counter tests can be wrong.Best is a blood test at your Drs.office.Good luck!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• the pregnancy cycle you'd have is accually implantation bleeding. your period would be much lighter than usual and not last as long. and i believe..now this part i dont know for certain...that i's very rare for someone to get pregnant during their period.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 12:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You can only actually "get pregnant" within the 24 hour period after you ovulate. Sperm can live inside your body for 5+ days, so there is actually a fertility window that you're dealing with. And all women have different cycles. The "average" that people use is a 28 day cycle with ovulation occurring on day 14. But there are women all over the board. A good book to help you understand your own fertility signs and pinpoint exactly when you are fertile is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." It helps you understand the basic signals your body sends out when it is preparing to ovulate (changes in cervical fluid) as well as the sign that you've ovulated (a shift in your waking temperature).
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 12:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This is a huge sign that health class has failed us all lol. I've had 3 pregnancies all together, got preggers the 1st time each time and I conceived on day 7 every time. That is, 6 days after the 1st day of my period. I guess it works for me.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:30 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Everyone is different. You can try mymonhlycycle.com to track and get a better hang oof what in the world your ovaries are doing lol.
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011