Surviving the last few weeks of pregnancy?

How did you survive the last few weeks of your pregnancy? I know a lot of people say rest, trust me I do that more than enough, I feel like I do it to much, but I know once my son comes sleep will go out the window. What are some things you did to get through the last few weeks and even to get ready for d-day?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Walking a lot. Enjoying the silence and how much easier it is now to carry and care for your baby --who is currently safe, happy, unstressed and content, and doing exactly what is necessary: growing, developing and getting mature enough to be born.

Read about baby care and even parenting methods --see if you can determine which you're the most drawn toward and which repel you. Try to see why, for both. It will help.

Find some groups who cater to new mothers in your area and get to know some of the people now... you may find your social network changes quite dramatically as you find yourself opposed to philosophies you didn't realize you thought much about... it can be disorienting, and it helps to have some new contacts...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• DH and I went walking every day. It was great! I really miss those walks, actually. Get the baby's room ready, wash his clothes, catch up on any reading you want to do, enjoy going to a movie for the last time for awhile, have a date night with your hubby!
    You'll make it! You can do this, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• walk. go shopping. go through the baby colthes..... make sure baby room is ready...whatever you wanna do
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 2:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Don't say surviving like the wait is going to kill you. Just keep telling yourself you may go to 42 weeks and when that baby arrives at 41 weeks and 1 day (which is average for a first time white mom) you will be thrilled you didn't have to wait another 6 days!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Idk. Lol. I got 22 days left and if I clean anymore I will wear a hole in my floor. Lol! I live in the northwoods so its 2p below zero so walking is out. Burrrrrr! I have a 19 month old daughter so I focus on her and try to relax when I can! I just hhope these next couple weeks pick up in speed :)
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 8:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah its freezing here to so walking won't do. And my doctor already said I won't make my due date, but the baby is healthy so far.
    BraydinsMommy09

Comment by BraydinsMommy09 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Pamper yourself. Go get a mani/pedi or your hair done!
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 11:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011