Anyone tried Bikram Yoga? or other types?

I've been doing some research, and think the idea of Bikram Yoga sounds very interesting. I used to have a regular yoga dvd that I'd do sometimes, but I've decided to get back into it and even try going to classes (there are some very cheap ones where i live) for motivation. Just curious if anyone else has tried it- or in general what your experiences have been with yoga- and specefically going to classes? I stumbled upon it myself, then randomely read in a magazine today that Jenny McCarthy does this form of yoga to stay fit. Bikram Yoga is done in a heated and humid room to promote more of a workout, amongst other reasons. Anyway, any advice/tips/input would be great- thanks!

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 1:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I love Yoga, it does help keep you fit, and increases flexibility and cardio health. It also really tones muscles. I've never tried Bikram, just traditional.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I love yoga and need to get back to it. I may get a new video soon so I can do some at home since my yoga teacher stopped teaching at the rec center I used to go to. :(
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yoga is great! Check out a few classes till you find an instructor you like!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would love to learn yoga. I tried to with a DVD, but I think I need a real person to show me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I'd pass out!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I like yoga. I need to get back in to it, too.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Bikram Yoga is hot yoga. My good friend actually got acredited through Bikram himself, he passed away not that long ago i believe. It is a very good yoga, if you like hot yoga. Some people don't. I prefer old people style hatha yoga...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011