hcg diet

Has anyone tried this program or known anyone that did? Was it worth it? what are your thoughts on it?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 1:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Any diet that cuts your calories THAT dramatically is VERY DANGEROUS, and should NEVER be considered. It also slows your metabolism, which is counter productive, and will make you gain back EVERY OUNCE you worked to lose PLUS MORE when you stop the diet (because, seriously, who can keep this up??).

I've had a lot of success with the Clean Eating Diet.  Here's my journal about the basics of Eating Clean.  MUCH safer, and it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Clearly, musicpisces has not researched said diet AT ALL. The HGC diet RESETS your metabolism and is actually very highly recommended by quite a few doctors. My mother in law just finished not too long ago. She lost a bunch of weight and was able to go off of her blood pressure medication. She has *also* managed to maintain her weight BECAUSE of the fact that it resets your metabolism. The only draw back is the cost. It's pretty expensive. If you do it, just remember, you CAN NOT cheat. It will completely undo all of your hard work.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 1:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Actually, I have, and I'm studying to be a nurse practitioner and midwife, so I can tell you a few things about human physiology and hCG. Lots of diets are endorsed by doctors, who are often PAID to endorse them. They also work in the short run, because, yes, cutting calories can make you lose weight. However, this doesn't make it good for your body in the long run. If you've taken even one human physiology class or nutrition class, you'd know this.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Here are some FACTS from the Mayo Clinic, which is a VERY reliable medical resource.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have not read much about it. I will have to see what it is about.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think I have heard about this, Im gonna double check some stuff and get back to this later.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have never heard of this diet but I am interested to read about it just becuase of the debate I read above.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've only heard about it from the cheesy infomercials on the radio, which make me leery.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my sister & BIL did it. They lost a lot, very fast. My BIL looks like a crackhead.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sorry, I'm not injecting any additional hormones into my body. I see the cancer rates in menopausal women who have to take hormonal replacement therapy....yeah, um...no. Ain't happening.

I remember a decade or so ago all the "rage" over the "miracle" cure Phen Phen...we all know how THAT turned out. o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2011