does you newborn slee in your bed with you?

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 1:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Each one did. They slept in my bed until about 12-14 months.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:39 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• He sure did! He refused to sleep anywhere else (except ON us!). It made breastfeeding at night MUCH easier.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No because of the risk of SIDS and suffocation and rolling over onto baby,etc. I had my babies in a bassinet right next to the bed.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• see my son did till he was one and now my baby girl is.... i was just hoping other mom did it too :)
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• no.... none of mine did.once you get them in your bad sometimes it can be hard to get them out and the same with sids can most likely happen
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 1:55 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It can be done very safely! Make sure you've done your research about safe co-sleeping- make sure she's not near pillows, blankets, or stuffed animals, and no on in the bed intoxicated in any way. Keep a zone of safety. Any article by Dr. Sears will be very helpful. @niftymisty & @SweetLoveofMine- Cosleeping doesn't necessarily increase the risk of SIDS, if it's done SAFELY.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yup both my kids slept in the bed with me and both still do 3yrs old an 20months :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Babies were meant to co-sleep with mothers in their early developmental stage. All of my babies have co-slept, and I will co-sleep with any future babies. When practiced safely, co-sleeping is safer than a baby crib-sleeping in a separate room.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 2:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• NO my children never slept in my bed when they were infants that is the whole point in having a crib for the baby but now that they r 10 and 4 when they are sick they will sleep with me if their dad is at work
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 6:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I tried. He would never sleep well in bed with us(5months). I have him in his crib next to the bed. During the day if I lay down with him for a nap we will co-sleep but he usually sleeps better while alone.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:20 AM on Jan. 5, 2011