HELP ASAP!!!!!

My son's father served me. He is filled a petition for child custody. He is leaving physical custody to me but he is asking for joint legal custody. Should I agree to it or should i decline???? He is leaving to New york in a week for a 2 years at the least.and my son and I live in california. I do not want to give him legal custody because he left me when he found out i was pregnant, he tried to get me to abort the whole pregnancy or to give up for adoption. And he comes to see him a few times a week right now that he is here, but he will leave next week so wont be here to help raise our son.

help please
thanks

AndyAyden

Asked by AndyAyden at 2:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would give it to him... come on he is his dad, and if he;s trying now how do you know he wont once he moves......and a kid should know and see his dad....yeah he may of left how do you he wasnt scared or not ready to be a dad? at least he want some part of the custody of his kids. there are alot of dads who could give a rats ass about thier kids at least you baby daddy does......
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 2:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• and if he takes you to court you wont have a choice then... as long as hes not founded onfit he will get some kind of custody and i would deff do it.....i wont say no and risk him fighting you for full custody would you???
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 2:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ohh I'm so sorry you're going through this... I'm sorry I have no advice but I'm praying for you...
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i would say no but that is just me
    mom_of_2_girlz

Answer by mom_of_2_girlz at 6:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I JUST WENT THROUGH A ROUGH DIVORCE ABOUT 8 MNTHS AGO AN WE HAVE JOINT CUSTODY OF OUR 2 DAUGHTERS. I WANTED HIM TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THEM AN GAVE HIM PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING...... THE HOUSE, THE CAR, FURNITURE I TOLD THE JUDGE AN MY ATTY ALL I WANTED WAS MY KIDS. NOW I WISH I WOULD'VE FOUGHT FOR FULL CUSTODY. THEY SCREAM WHEN THEY HAVE TO GO BACK ITS A LOSING BATTL. MY 7 YR OLD UNDERSTANDS MORE THAN THE 2 YR OLD I THINK SHE JUST THINKS IM MEAN BC I MAKE HER GO. U R GOING TO MAKE UR OWN DECISION BUT IF I COULD CHANGE IT HE WOULD ONLY SEE THEM EVERY OTHER WEEKEND!
    thekmommy

Answer by thekmommy at 6:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011