Why do ppl confuse religion with following christ?

Hyde3

Asked by Hyde3 at 2:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• religion is the text or scriptures that people are gaining knowledge on,so yes it's right in the same arena as having faith in God. When it's only a thing to do, even showing up in church as just a crutch to go into a lecture hall and not hear what is being said, wouldn't that just be wasting your time?

I am seeing the door opening and not yet hearing what's inside the door, and then leaving church. Just to go home empty minded. If this is what the question of only religion ( and skipping the purpose of life and Christ's sacrifice, what it means. )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Christianity is a religion. In order to be religious you must beleive in something.But to say you are religious doesn't mean you follow Christ. But if you are a believer in Christ, I think that automatically makes you religious. I am a Christian, believe in Christ, follow Christ and therefore am religious.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I find people make assumptions and generalizations without thinking through or understanding a lot of things!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 2:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I agree with catholic mama. But it I think its because the government and society as majority say its religion. They try to take God out of life. Life is not a religion life just is.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Ah, because they are followers of the one TRUE religion... oh, wait. It isn't a religion, it is a "relationship with god". And by the way, what is your god's name again?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Maybe b/c so many people "claim" to follow Christ when it's clear they only follow the religion.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Religion is the MAN MADE tenets used to control the believers in Divine Beings. IMO, RELIGION has NOTHING to do with following the teachings of Christ. Religion is the SHOW that many put on for others to see.

I feel it is far more important to have FAITH and BELIEF and toss religion OUT THE DOOR!! 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Reading your other question
    I think YOU are the one who is confusing religion and following Christ.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:19 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• ITA with SpiritedWitch, and I couldn't have said it any better than she has. :D
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I use the word belief much more than religion.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:27 PM on Jan. 5, 2011