Any over night mom workers?

I work over night an sleep the majority of the day do you?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 3:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
    Sleeping during the day has become an option I do not enjoy.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I used to a few years back work overnights. It was so-so. I had to so that I had someone to watch my child during the nights and I was at home then during the daytime. It sucked though because dh and I were like ships passing by in the night. He would come home at like 2pm from work and I would immediately go to bed. Then he woul take over watching ds and I would sleep until I had to get up for work which was 9pm. I don't miss those times at all. Much happier now as a sahm.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes I do , I work as an RN in a nursing home and sleep during the day.

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 3:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, in fact I am about 2 hours away from crawling into my nice warm bed lol
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 5:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yep! I am a nurse, but I only have to work about 3 nights a week so it's not so bad.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I am a nurse and worked the overnight for about 10 years. I had a hard time sleeping more than 4-5 hours during the day. I do not think this is a healthy lifestyle for many people. I only worked 3 days/week- I now have a difficult time sleeping at night- I think the years of having broken sleep and flipping from day to night sleeping has permanently affected my internal clock. I can easily stay up for 2.5 days-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Nope. But my husband does and our family keeps his schedule.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I did it for about 3 years up until this past August. I didn't mind it at first, but the more the days go by, the harder it got for me. Because things don't always happen at the same time everyday or you can't get every appointment in the morning, it started making it rough, and somedays I didn't get to sleep at all!! I went back to daylight this past summer because I physically couldn't take it anymore. I guess some people can do it and some people can. My inlaws have been doing for a while, they love it!! They're able to split their sleep up throughout the day if need be, and I just couldn't get the hang of that. I'm so much happier and energized being on daylight. I don't think I could ever do that again.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011