COCKROACHES !!!

I have found cockroaches in my kitchen !!!!

I am sooo grossed out and I feel like crying because I do not know what to do... we have a very tiny kitchen space and we have only seen them in this area... we rent a house that was built in the 1950s we have lived here for a year and a half and this is the first we have seen them .... I know there are cracks and such and I am sure that is how they have got in ... I also think they are living in a radio that I have sitting on the counter.....

I read that they come for food and water so I have bee trying to clean all food and everything up, but it is right beside the sink and we also have a leaky basement ( right off of the kitchen) ..... I am just sooo grossed out and I do not know what to do.... we are also have a very hard time with money right now and have absolutley no money to have someone come in and exterminate....

What are some sprays or something that we should use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm going to suggest this.....it worked for fleas. Get a box or Borax at walmart or Target and sprinkle it all over and let it sit for a few hours. I let it sit 24 hours actually. It made the fleas sterile and also dried them out and they died in that short time. It costs about $3 for a box. If that doesn'y work get Ortho Home Defense spray also at Walmart for about $10 when on sale. It's a big bottle of bug spray that is safe around babies and pets. It kills all kinds of bugs. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• They live where it's warm so in the radio, under the refrigerator in the stove that's why you see them in the kitchen. Not many outside products help with killing them. I would see if I could find any of those sticky traps and put them out for 1 bug bombs do not work . I know somewhere in this section within the last month or so there was someone who suggeted something if you have time to look or they may have already closed their question. I hope you get some other solutions
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes, they are likely in the radio - they love electronics because they are warm and dark. They also love the glues on boxes - cereal boxes, pasta boxes etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011