I need a way to calm my nerves

I'm going in for my second c-section in about 10 days. I had a horrible experience with my first son. So my mind is going wild with all sorts of thoughts. Did anyone experience this, and what in the world did you do to calm yourself down?

lovinmyboys0611

Asked by lovinmyboys0611 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My first son and I both nearly didn't make it and he was delivered by emergency c-section. I had a rare disorder called HELLP so when I got pregnant the second time there was a huge chance I was going to get it again. I was terrified, i was lucky enough to have a VBAC with him even though one of my doctors really tried to push me into another c-sect. Everything ended up turning out just fine. My husband was a huge source of support but for the most part I just had to put duct-tape over the little voice in my head that kept reminding how much could go wrong and whenever I began worrying I made it my mantra that everything was going to be FINE. After one bad incident the doctors are going to be treating you like fine crystal, I'm sure that you and your will be just fine. Good luck.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Just know that it's unlikely that this one will be as bad...and think about how great things will be once it's all over and you're holding that new baby!

Maybe try to keep busy with things around the house, or shower your son with attention while you still can focus on only him. :)

Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am sorry that you are feeling this way. I haven't had such an experience, but I would just focus on the positives of the end result. Try not to focus on what could go wrong, but all the things that will go perfect.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008