Got any tips to loose weight when one hates or hasn't got time to exercise outside the house?

patricia67

Asked by patricia67 at 6:00 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• count calories EVERYDAY, drink in ounces half your weight in water, do not add salt, sugar or fat to any foods, stay away from processed foods and eat low carbs. Ya can't go wrong with this one. Trust me, it's how I get back into pre-baby shape everytime.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Check out my journal post, it has lots of helpful information regarding losing weight. Good luck to you:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There are plenty of exercises you can do inside the house! That is what I do most of the time...on nice days, I will go jogging, but mostly I workout indoors. There are some excellent fitness DVD's. My very favorites are the Turbo Jam series, but many people swear by Leslie Sansone, Denise Austin, Billy Blanks, Jillian Michaels, etc; it just depends on what your style is. I have combinations of aerobic kickboxing, light yoga, intense yoga and pilates, stretching and toning with weights, and also just added the Wii fit to my repertoire for more variety. I'm telling you, with all the good stuff out there, there is NO need for a gym membership if you are disciplined and committed! I have whipped my own butt into excellent shape and haven't set foot in a gym!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:42 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• walk away the pounds dvds work if you stick to them. you can learn the steps and do it anytime.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Eat more veggies with every meal,stop drinking pop and when you do go out park farther away and walk more.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:02 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, count calories, take a multivitamin daily and if you watch alot of tv, get up and walk infront of it. There are also walk at home dvds which are awesome.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If you can do just 10 minutes three times a day. It doesn't have to be all at once. That's what I did when my kids were younger.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Eating a balanced and nutritious diet. Jillian's 30 Day Shred might help with toning and drink plenty of water. Getting a good nights sleep will help you too your body will respond better to a good diet and exercise when it gets enough rest.  Once you are as toned as you want to be don't stop keep up your weekly workouts and good eating habits.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• youtube brooke burke (sp?) 8min abs....it's a four minute ab workout (on youtube) that you replay. i thought i never had time to work out- but this really does work! she also has butt excersises too- and it's great to get your heart pumping and workout some muscles. i'll also do push ups, run in place for a few min, etc. i'm extremely limited on time, but figure anything is better than nothing! also if you're really trying to lose weight, drink lots of water (especially BEFORE a meal) and keep a food journal. in the food journal write down every single thing you eat and drink. may sound silly- but many studies have been done that those who keep the food journal not only lose more weight, but keep it off- i just started it and it's weird to see everything you eat, and even last night i opted to not eat a piece of chocolate, simply so i wouldn't have to write it down! haha good luck :D
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There are a ton of things you can do indoors. Videos, stairs, yoga, etc, as well as just everyday house work.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2011