Do you ever really come to terms with losing a child or a sibling to S.I.D.S.?

just wanted to know cause im still having alot of problems with my oldest son undertanding and to be quit honest i dont really understand myself so what do i tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would contact your local library and ask for books on his level to explain this loss. This is also a wonderful resource for you =) Boys are visual, so the book will help him tremendously. Grief for each of you is real and not pushed aside. Also, check your local church's and see if they have a network that has classes or material for your grief. Search on your computer under CARE network. Hope that helps you =)
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Did the baby die while sleeping on the Belly?
    Alot of Parents go against doctors suggestion - Baby sleep on Back Only then turn around and loose the baby to SIDS. If this is the case, tell your little one about how babys suppose to sleep on the back and not the belly. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I meant to add above - if you let your baby sleep on the belly this is a Huge Cause of SIDS. Sleeping on the Back is Safer! I mixed my words up above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I would go to the Library like another poster said or ask the childs doctor for help. Good Luck Momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I HAVE RECENTLY LEARNED THAT SIDS IS A GENETIC FAILURE...THERE IS A CHEMICAL MISSING THAT TELLS THE BRAIN "CAN NOT BREATH"..WE LEARNED THIS IN BIOLOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY.(YES COLLEGE) SO YOU CAN FIND OUT IF YOUR CHILD IS PRE-DESTIN..BY SIMPLY TAKING BABY AND HOLDING AGAINST BREAST IF BABY BECOMES VERY UNCOMFORTABLE IT IS GOOD SIGN IF NO PROBLEM..JUST KEEPS ON SLEEPING THEN YOU NEED TO WATCH BABY VERY CLOSELY....VERY DO NOT LET LAY ON STOMACH..AS THIS WARNING CHEMICAL IS MISSING FROM BRAIN..THEY DO NOT KNOW THEY CAN NOT BREATH...BE CAREFUL GOOD LUCK
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2008