Question for people who are retired....

Where do you live and why did you choose it. The more info you can give would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

sue118

Asked by sue118 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Well I'm not retired but I know those that consider it look to states with little or no state income tax. Some have even moved out of country so their retirement dollars go further.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I believe the only 2 states with no state income tax are Texas and South Dakota. Texas is much warmer.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 2:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think NV has no state income tax too- I believe if you are a state worker and draw a pension, you will pay income to the state where you earned that pension. For ex., if you are a retired CA state worker drawing a pension, and move to NV, you will still pay income taxes to CA for that pension money.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2011