For those with MS...

Where do you live and how does it affect your symptoms? My dh has it and we live in WI weather here really affects him, changing seasons, hot/humid summers and bitter cold winters.

sue118

Asked by sue118 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• I don't have it but my dad does and he really can't handle the super hot or super cold very well anymore. He does it, of course, because we live in Michigan, but the air conditioner runs more than it used to to give him a break.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My mom had it and the humidity really got to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A friend of mine has it and lives in cali. She dosnt get as many flares as she used to when she lived in Rino. But then again she hasnt lived in cali long so im not sure how much of a difference it has made yet. I am sorry for those who are close to someone going through this or is going through this themselves.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thanks shelii, it is hard. We have created a group called "moms who care for someone with ms" So if you care for someone or have ms please feel free to visit our group. It is new and you can vent, cry or share information, whatever you need to do. I am in a group called moms with ms and started moms who care for someone with ms. It is nice to get both prospectives and has helped me better cope with and deal with my dh's ms.
    sue118

Comment by sue118 (original poster) at 9:24 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My DH has MS and we live in CT my DH seems to get flare ups in the winter then any of the other seasons.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't but my dad does and we also live in Wisconsin. The weather is horrible for my dad. The summer is worse. He is in PT right now, so hopefully that will help him regain some of his strength.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 5, 2011