which would you prefer a c section or vaginal birth?

My sister tells me a c section would be less painful and much quicker but im worried about after ward im going to be the only one to take care of me and my baby and i want to make sure im not in too much pain.

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• There i nothing better than a vaginal birth, a c section is major surgery!

Answer by older at 7:46 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Never had a c-section, I just always thought it would be quicker, maybe easier but then, there would be more pain/healing afterwards, so might as well give V. birth and there are better health reasons for V. birthing or so I have been told.
    Why don't you research the pros and cons of each, do so with your doctor and online, read books about the subject then make up your own mind, It is you that will have to go through the experience and NOT your sister or anyone else.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 7:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Vaginal. I have seen both. I worked in a birthing center. I always thought I would rather have a c section until I actually saw them (I have seen about 5). It looked awful and these moms were in more pain afterward then the vaginal birth moms. The vaginal birth may hurt more during the actual delivery but it is short lived.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:47 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• you can have a life time of pain with a csection. there is scar tissue that never goes away and in some cases can cause problems with conceiving in the future
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Thanks ladies ! ;]
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Vaginal. Seriously, she is not right.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i did have a c section...i still hurt..even 6 yrs later. i've been ttc for 2 yrs. (i'm sure that could be from being on depo though)..who knows
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There is NO WAY I would EVER actually pick a c-section! After my (drug free) vaginal birth, I was up and walking around literally right after she was born. Everyone I've talked to that's had a c-section was in bed for a long time and took at least a couple of months to recover, and were still sore even then and had other problems sometimes. Cesareans are major surgery and over all way more stress on your body. If you have a choice, don't get a c-section. That's my advice.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've had one of each. I'd take 10 vaginal deliveries over 1 c-section any day.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would much rather have a vaginal birth... it's hard enough having a baby without recovering from abdominal surgery at the same time. Obviously in some cases c-sections are lifesavers, but it would never be my first choice.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011