If you get induced does that mean c section ?

is being induced more painful then natural labor?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it is more painful, and no it doesn't necessarily mean a c section.

Answer by older at 7:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You'll get a lot of different responses to this :) Being induced doesn't necessarily mean that it will be more painful, and it doesn't mean that you'll end up having a c-section. The best thing to do is talk to your doctor (if he is talking about inducing you), he may be able to give you some guidance.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It doesn't necessarily mean a c-section, but the rates of c-section are higher in induced births. I have never been induced so can't compare the level of pain... I have heard that with inductions you tend to have stronger contractions quicker so you don't get time to work up to the harder ones, but I don't know from experience and think a lot of factors probably come into play (your own pain tolerance, how your body responds to induction, positioning of the baby, etc.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:56 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• for me it did. I think when i was induced it caused my son to go ape shit and get the cord wrapped around his neck. soon after they gave me those drugs his heart rate started going up so i had to have an emergency csection.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It means you are given a hormone to try and start your labor. Hopefully everything will go well and then you won't have to have a C section.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No it does not mean C-section.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• i was induced and i did not have a csection. but i have no idea about the statistics about induction to csections. and i can't compare it to regular labor but i rather be induced but then again that is all i have ever known. speak with your doctor. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• look up Bishop score, and pit to distress. There are valid reasons to induce, but not many. If you really want to know what is what in your case you are going to have to give a lot of details to us or do your own research.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Induced, I was induced every time since I am a diabetic and doctors wanted to ensure as well as poss. that delivery would happen at a set, balanced time frame on heir watch. All were vaginal births , though third baby was coming out immediately after meds to induce were hooked up so the meds didnt have time to work yet, all were also back labor pains, they say now that kind is the worst, but in my day they said back labor was easiest, I believe back labor is easier, less painful since I never screamed bloodymurder like some I heard and first and last babies both got stuck and were ruff deliveries due to their size and my small pelvic bones not spreading enough.-The worst feeling I remember was the one that was a dry birth, yuk I still can feel every inch of her coming out,LOL, --she was worth it though, they all are after they get out.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 8:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• With my first I was not induced. She came out not breathing. Luckily she is now 8. The placenta was not healthy. I saw a midwife and will never go back to them. The labor/delivery was horrible. They really messed me up. No c-sect.
    My second child I was induced five days after my due date. The labor/delivery was amazing. I really didn't notice the difference in pain levels. I started getting induced at 8 she was at 230 the same day. The placenta did not look good but not nearly as bad as with my first child. My second child was born breathing, she picked her head right up and looked around. For being a newborn she had amazing head support. My third child is due in July. I night end up getting induced again. Some people just don't go into labor when they are supposed to.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2011