what makes FLAX SEED so good for you & what form is best

I picked up some milled Flax seed at the store the other day and im trying to find recipes to add it in any suggestions. how much should one eat a day or how often? how much do you add to what kinds of recipes. Sorry Im new to this whole Flax Seed phanomon

RJSMOMMA

Asked by RJSMOMMA at 3:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• Basically it's high in fiber, helps lower cholesterol and a lot of scientists are saying it may help prevent breast cancer and a ton of other diseases. They are good sprinkled into a salad, I usually just chew them raw once a day though lol. I don't really mind the flavor so I don't have any actual recipes to use in them. Good luck.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 3:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I mix mine in just about everything I can!! I add it a few teaspoons to meatloaf, breads, oatmeal, cakes, apple crisp, chili, just anything that I can disguise it in so that the famn damily will even eat it...lol. Good luck! - Oh, you can even add it to shakes, or smoothies as long as its ground up enough.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i add mine into pasta, granola bars, breading on chicken, oatmeal etc etc...
    flaxseed oil is also supposed to be good for balancing mood swings too.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 7:27 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's not only good for fiber, but it is high in omega fatty acids. Which means it is good brain food. Eating omega enriched foods can help control mood swings & depression. It also helps stop my headaches.

You can substitute flaxseed in recipes for oil 5:1 ratio. I like to add it to my eggs as well.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• BE SURE TO KEEP IT REFRIGERATED!!!!!! OILS WILL GO RANCID ...
    highFLYer420

Answer by highFLYer420 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Check out meal makeover moms, as well as the sneaky chef! Both are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:08 PM on May. 15, 2009