belly pains

so my oldest son (9) has been complaining about a pain about two inches below his belly button for along time now. about two years. now it's not all the time, it comes and goes. about once every couple of weeks to once a month. last year at his check up, i said something to his ped. and she had x rays of his belly done - and said they were normal. but now its been another year its time for his check up again, and i'm wondering if i should say something to the dr. or insist on more tests. but maybe it is just gas. i am wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone. has anyone had anything like this with their kids? or do you have any idea what it could be? thanks in advance, kris

kristyann

Asked by kristyann at 3:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Kids' Health

• If the pain is bad, perhaps you should take him to a gastroenterologist. This doctor might ask a question that your son's doctor might not that about asking, which might lead to finding out what is causing the pain.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You should keep insisting. I mean, sometimes doctor's are so busy that don't pay fully attention to one problem. If I was you I would keep insisting until he was sent to an specialist or proceed with something else. I mean, it's your son after all, and so you just can stop worrying or take care of whatever needs to be taken care of. GOOD LUCK, and I hope it's nothing serious.
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 3:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2008