Would you leave??

my husband dont help with my daughter. he calls me names and says i'm lazy when i ask for help with her. i dont know what to do anymore. i wanna leave, but i dont.

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• So... why are you staying? When hubby and I were having problems my counselor asked me to define marriage and husband and it woke me up to the fact that I wasn't "married" except on paper. Your hubby is an abusive jerk. Don't waste any more time... you can't make him change. Either he is willing to go to counseling with you or not. If not, it's clear that you have a life ahead of you that you can choose to take, or you can remain in a miserable situation and teach your daughter how to have unhealthy relationships.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Many men don't help with babies. It isn't as instinctual with alot of men as it is with women, so your problem is a common one. The one thing is that he calls you names. Is it only when you ask for help with the baby? Or is this something he does all the time? Having a child grow up to hear their mother being emotially abused isn't the ideal situation to say the least. I guess you need to look as the pros and cons of being with him. Is he a good provider, is he loving towards you and the baby? Do the good things about him outweigh the bad?
    roseredinbak

Answer by roseredinbak at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Don't give up that easily. You need to get into counseling with your hubby. I really recommend this book too: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. Every marriage goes through rough times, but they can change.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Honasly my boyfriend is the same way he thinks because i stay home all day that I get to watch movies and sleep and just a big vacation..... well im pregnant and i have 3 kids ages 1-5 and its very hard and i do everything all alone most of the time and when I ask for some help he gets upset because he has been working all day, but I think that it all depends how they are brought up and he was brought up to think very negitivly about women but he will do things If i really need it but some men are weird about women who stay home they dont get what go's into it.... the only thing that makes me feel better is that I know he could not do what I do every day and most men cant thats what makes us so special just ignore him..... But you do have the right to demand help if you choose or leave or whateve but I choose not to because I dont mind doing it myself cause thats what im used to!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• leave........................you can do better..........there is other fish in the sea!!!!!!!!!
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Truthfully nobody can help you until you want to help yourself. When you are ready, come ask and we will help you.
    Anonymous

• Unless you really want toleave nobody can decideforyou if he iscalling younames and not helping you then leaving would be the option I would take.
    Anonymous

• You are an example to your daughter ... is this the way to have your DH treat you this way??
    One day, you're daughter will be in your shoes. Is that what you want??
    Something to think about.
    Anonymous

• Thank You all so much, but i'm still confuss. I hope i figure it out real soon. Thanks again
    tylersbaby85

Answer by tylersbaby85 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008