how long is the wait?

I've been taking the pills for four yrs. I want to get pregnant, I stopped taking them about 2 wks ago. How long should I wait, so I can start trying to concive? If I do it too soon would that have any effect on my unborn child?

jcampos

Asked by jcampos at 4:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to talk to your obgyn about this! The answer depends on the pill you where on, your medical history etc. Please call and discuss this matter with a professional so when you do concieve you are giving that baby the best chance of being a healthy baby.
    Good luck : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Every health professional I have heard on the subject says to have one regular cycle before TTC. Good luck!
    zackkatiejames

Answer by zackkatiejames at 6:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thank you, I spoke to him (obgyn) about it, and he said just start trying, no wait on it, but some friends were telling me to wait at least 5-6 months, but I want to get pregnant soon!! I can't wait any longer =).
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 11:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• 3 months off the pill is when all the hormones from the pill are completely out of your system and that is the recommended time frame for ttc
    newmamanew2town

Answer by newmamanew2town at 1:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• my doc said to use condoms untill i have 2 regular periods
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 6:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008