Does this have more to do with mom than her child?

Almost speechless after watching this NBC video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiFRAX1v9I

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Could you elaborate on your question? Does what have more to do with mom or child? The fact that he likes to dress in dresses? If you have ever had a child that insists on what clothes they want to wear, you may just come to the realization that you have to pick your battles and some of them you are just not going to win - even if you think you did. The world didn't explode when he wore a dress, I think they are both going to be okay.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No. Transgender issues may be working here.
    But still, Mom better put down the video camera and keyboard and take that Princess Boy to the gym to learn how to kick some serious ass quickly or he's gonna get an ass whoopin everyday by the boys down the street. Karate, TaeKwonDo, Boxing, Something soon.....
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Wow, that was hard to watch. I give the parents a lot of credit for learning to accept this and allow him to express himself the way HE wants to express himself. Not sure how this is more about the mom than him though. I think writing the book was a way to help the family through this and not selfish in any way.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• He is expressing himself, might be a stage or might not be, whichever it is, at least his parents are NOT forcing the issues, not hiding him away, not being negative towards him ,.... SO he will be fine, maybe not everyone's ideas of fine but he wont be hanging himself, jumping off a roof, slitting his wrists,.................... Unless maybe people whom disagree want to go and tell him their idea, morals,...... Just leave this issue and the child/family alone, if CSP wants to go check to confirm the child isnt being forced into this then fine, but it isnt anyone else business, he seems happy to be as he is, GOD is the only real judge, raise your kids your way, let others raise theirs their own way as long as no one is being abused, agree to disagree and move on.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 8:49 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This is probably just a stage for this little boy and it will pass.I think his mother is exploiting him and that is so wrong.He could have went through this stage without being put on tv in a dress.There is no turning back now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I don't think this mom is thinking more of her than her boy, she is not exploiting him, this is who this boy is period. This will not change so there will be no turning back anyway. When you find such a young boy with such strong desires and likes, it is going to stay, I for one applaud the mom for not fitting her princess boy into the social mold!

Answer by older at 9:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I bumped you only because I think more moms need to see this.

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2011