Something wierd SO does....

Last night he was complaing of heartburn/stomach pain/burps from what he ate. So he sits there and keeps spitting. What's up with that? Wierd question, I know.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• Sounds like he may have reflux.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 4:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He's complained of this in the past and takes antacids. My son has reflux too(he's 5 months old).
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• hes probably salivating a lot.

when he gets heartburn tell him to drink a shot glass size cup of vinegar. i guarantee you it will make the heartburn go away almost instantly.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Have you ever had reflux??? What is awful is that when it happens the acid actually goes up your thoat and into your mouth. It is the most awful feeling, I know exactly what he is going through. The best thing for it is Pepcid Complete. They are chewable and within 5-10 minutes the WORST acid is cut out completely. No waiting for them to kick in or waiting for 2 weeks for them to finally start working. They changed my life...lol
    roseredinbak

Answer by roseredinbak at 4:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It sounds like a bit more than heartburn..I'd bet he has GERD. When the acid washes up, it causes him to salivate more, not to mention the bad taste in the back of his throat..which would cause him to spit. Antacids aren't enough for GERD. He needs to get on something stronger, such as a proton pump inhibitor (like Prilosec or Nexium). It will be a huge relief for him, I promise you. Prilosec is OTC now, so have him try it out.

Also, if he uses a lot of antacids, Tums are safer than Rolaids for frequent use, and contain calcium, which is beneficial.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008