Do you stay with your children at birthday parties?

I was just wondering how many parents with what aged children stayed with their children at birthday parties the children are invited to.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I stay at parties my children are invited to, I don't eat and drink anything unless told it was acceptable, but I sit back, offer to assist within the same area of where the children are, and basically am there. All of my children are 8 and under, but even with parents and a room full of adults things can happen and if something does I would like to be there for my child.  Now, if/when they're teenagers and I know and trust the other parents and children well enough then I will back off and not be around so often, but not while they're so young, and definitely not at a person I barely knows house.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've always stayed my dd is 8 ~ I just feel more comfortable being with her, some of these children I don't know there parents at all. It just makes ME feel better :)

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Heck yeah! She's 8. I don't plan on stopping any time soon.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am asking because we didn't with our son at the last party he went to (always have up until this one) but he had gone to daycare with this girl for years and we knew her mother quite well. If we hadn't we wouldn't have left, but none of the parents stayed. We were the first ones there when the party ended and there were no parents there except the birthday girls. It seemed wierd to me, because a few of these kids were school friends and she was in Kindergarten that year, so she couldn't have known them that long.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I stay at the parties with my daughter for every party the way the world is now. Honestly I don't want to take any chances at all, but in all honesty here in my hometown when you make a party you count the parents because all of the parents always come with the kids. So we always plan for food for the children and parents.
    twocute4words

Answer by twocute4words at 11:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2008