what do you worry most about when it comes to your children getting older?

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 9:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think about the future too much. We work on today, and hopefully by leading them in the right direction now, they will be in a good spot when they grow up. I can't control who their friends are, too much. I can't control their driving and where they work. I can't force them to do well in school. I hope that I can teach them to do good and be good people when they grow up.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The friends they make....influences...my biggest fear is drugs...oh and them driving terrifies me as well.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My worste fear is that she'll be a pregnant teen. But, i believe we're on the right track for preventing that....hopefully....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Lots of things!! I try not to worry because I think we are doing an awesome job as parents, but really I just remember my teen years. Influences in school, boys, parties, driving, drinking, drugs.. not that I did all of these things but the temptation was always there. *I made some pretty smart decisions back then, and some that werent very smart (which I believe is normal).. if she was anything like I was then i'd be comfortable with that =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Honestly, I am scared to death that my daughters will be like I was when I was a teenager. I am doing everything I can to make sure that they don't make many of the same mistakes that I did.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I worry my son will marry a woman I hate.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No fears or worries, we welcome it all and count it as joy.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I"m worried she will get bullied.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• im worried that they will grow up and move away and that i'll miss them . aw that would be sad. ha
    Im so family oriented
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 4:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011