Is Griffin going too far?

Reuters

Kathy Griffin announced her New Year's resolution to continue a verbal assault on the Palin family. Only in 2011, the comedian said she intends to target Sarah Palin's 16-year-old daughter, Willow.

"I've already gone for Sarah, Todd and Bristol obviously," Griffin told The Hollywood Reporter. "But I think it's Willow's year to go down. In 2011, I want to offend a new Palin."

Could Griffin be switching to a younger, easier Palin target following her Bristol backfire in December?

On a special that aired Dec. 5, Kathy Griffin was jeered by the audience after attacking Bristol Palin for being "fat" while hosting the VH1 Divas "Salute to the Troops." Griffin called the 20-year-old to "the white Precious," based on Gabourey Sidibe's role as an obese and abused teen mother in the 2009 Lee Daniels drama.

The incident provoked widespread criticism.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2011/01/04/kathy-griffin-going-too-far-targeting-16-year-old-willow-palin#ixzz1A7BSZCds

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• This woman is a peice of work
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I can't stand Kathy Griffin. She is really not very funny at all. Her voice is grating, her tone is vicious, and she just always seems to be making a desperate ploy for attention to her pathetic career.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Who is Kathy Griffin?
    Evidently she isn't very effective, nobody went down like she thought they did because of her assaults in the Palin family.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I can't stand to listen to her either. Yes, I do think she is taking things a bit too far. Her kids shouldn't be brought in to all of this. But sadly most of the time they do.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She's a "comedian" (using the term loosely, I don't find her that funny), I could care less who she makes fun of. Seems to me that she does this sort of thing to keep people talking about her.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I really can't stand that lady I agree with vicex.

But, she is a comedian & i completely believe she was speaking sarcastically. Sarcasm is her thing...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She is a loser. Not funny, or even likable.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• She is going too far.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's part of a comedian's job to "go too far". Some people love it, some people hate it. That is the sacrifice you make when you try to be funny (which she is not).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011