why do women feel they have to have long hair?

I have always loved my hair short.. i mean really short. I finally grew mine out (its now touching my shoulders... to me that is long) and it bugs me! It takes too much work, and its really damaged from coloring. So I am going to chop it off. A lot of my friends tell me how brave i am, or how i will regret it.. Why? Its just hair. Hair doesnt make me who I am.. I just want easier hair to manage.. I have 3 kids, a job, etc.. and I dont have time to make it look great everyday...

Whats the obsession? Is it just because men like it? My DH likes my longer hair, but he also shaved my head when we were first dating.. he could care less in the end. I am still his wife.. he still loves me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I've never felt like I had to have long hair - I wore it short and spikey for years. It's long now, I was just ready for a change. My DH could care less either way, he loves me for me not my hair.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Because my DH likes it long! Men looove long hair! (NOT ALL!)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Most men do like it long. My dh got mad when I got mine cut off. He has a beard that I don't like. I told him I would let it grow back out when he shaved his beard. He still has his beard and I have my short hair. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think long hair looks more feminine on me, short hair looks terrible on me, made that mistake twice. But, some women wear short hair REALLY well. I think it helps to have a nice long neck & a good shaped head & face. I know quite a few women who rock the short hair do awesomely.

I've always had long hair except for the two times i cut it off. I'm just used to it. I could see how long hair would be frustrating to someone who is used to short hair. It can be a lot of work..but i really love my pretty, natural long hair.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I can handle mine better when it is long, has nothing to do with who likes it or not.

Answer by older at 9:32 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• They don't feel the HAVE to have long hair. Some women prefer it because they love to do their hair. Some have it because their husbands prefer it and they love to please their husbands. Some women haven't found a short hair cut that doesn't make them look out of character (like butch when they aren't).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's really a personal choice. I dont look good w/ short hair. Others do. I can do different things w/ my hair (like put it up in the summer) And people w/ shorter hair can use extensions if they want. As for the men, well lets just say it gives my hubby something to hold on to! :)~ lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I've had quite a few different hair styles over the years and I prefer long hair because I think its looks best on me and makes me feel better. I have a very long narrow face and the short look just isn't for me. But in no way do I feel that i HAVE to have long hair
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I go back and forth. I will cut it chin length then grow it out for a few years til I get tired of it. I see someone with long hair and start to miss mine when I have mine short. Or I see a style that I want to do with long hair and can't cause I have short. And cise versa when my hair is long I want it short. LOL
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A lot of men like long hair. My hair is "short" right now, it's just past my shoulders. I use to have it down to my waist but got in a funky mood one day and cut it up to my chin. To me hair is hair - it'll always grow back. The only reason why I have it this long is 1-DH loves it and 2-it's easier to throw my hair in a ponytail when I'm running late or really busy rather than styling it everyday. My hair is also very curly so it's easier to just wash and walk away when it's longer. Just leave it down, lose with lots of curls.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011