I'm 34 weeks pregnant and the baby's head is down..does that mean I am close to labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not neccessarily, I'm 36 weeks and my baby's head has been in that postion for weeks. It's natural and good for the baby to be postioning her/his self already. Your body is just getting ready. No need to worry. THere is prob still lots of room between her head and the top of cervix, so it's alright. I've been feeling her legs and bottom at my rib cage for weeks and when she gets the hiccups, the whole thing stretches out and her head pushes just a tad on the cervix, a nervous and sharp feeling , but she's still ' floating' .
    JafraMom

Answer by JafraMom at 1:06 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• no, im 20 weeks and my baby is head down, doesnt really move much out of that position. when u drop is when ur closer to labor. but even that could take weeks.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:51 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Baby can stay in the head down position for a while. My first baby had part of his head shaped odd b\c he was down 1 1\2 months before i had him. Just the very top of his head.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2008