i had just found out that my 3 year old son as autism. i just what to know how would i help him learn and start talking or can anyone give me any advise on this i really dont know what to do.

momof3kids142

Asked by momof3kids142 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Kids' Health

• sweetie there are really nice groups in cafemom that deals great with this kind of problem, they will help walk you threw things and give you great info, i deal with my sisters child when he is around but that is like every 2 weeks and it would be like 4 hrs i just keep him busy with games and i joined the group so i know a lil about it and they have helped out great
    Anonymous

• Breath...autism isn't the end of the world. I have it as well as my son and probably my husband too. Join some of the groups here on Cafemom. They are very helpful. However, if you ever need to talk feel free to message me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Find a DAN doctor and look into biomedical therapy. Look into ABA services. Join the groups on CafeMom; they are incredible. Read and research everything. Check out:

http://www.autism.com/autism/index.htm
    generationrescue.org
    Anonymous

• My son was diagonised when he was 2 3/4 yrs old. you need to get your child to see a developmental pediatrician, and they should be able to get your child into a full day early development, or pre school class. ABA (Applied behavior anaylsis) based class worked best with my son. Although he is now 5, he is in the public school. Take it day by day. Contact CARD
    Center for autism, and related disabilities, they send out plenty information, that could be helpful. Dont google it, it is way too overwhelming. Best of luck.
    tanyblondiee

Answer by tanyblondiee at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008