she keeps waking up at night

sometimes my daughter would wake up in the middle of the night and cry. cry like there's no end. nothing soothes her, not a glass of water, juice, or milk, not bouncing up and down on my hip, not shushing her, singing to her, or patting her back. its like a war between two wills until after an hour or so she calm down by herself and go to sleep on my chest. what is going on??? anyone else had this problem??

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 9:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she aware that you are there or is she staring blankly? If so, she is having a night terror and you holding her can increase it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My daughter had this problem .She was ready to move into her own bed. She was tired of sleeping and listening to me and her father snoring.Even the other night she slept with us she woke up crying constantly b/c her dad was screaming snoring
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 10:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• her eyes r usually closed pretty tight while shes crying
    khmymommi

Comment by khmymommi (original poster) at 10:15 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Doe she know she is going to be by herself ?If you are putting her in bed is she sleeping already.She might be upset that she isn't in the same place she was before she fell asleep.
    hollinshead

Answer by hollinshead at 10:16 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• we've moved her into our room thinking that was the problem and have been in the same bed
    khmymommi

Comment by khmymommi (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• do not feed her for an hour before bedtime, give her some milk, no juice. try a bedtime snack an hour before she goes to sleep.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 10:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• YES! We have the same problem! our dd is 2.5 and for the past month shes been waking up at least 2 times during the night! The only thing that calms her is to bring her bed with us. Which we dont want to make a habit of. I have no idea why she is doing this. Im hoping its an age thing and they will grow out of it???!!!!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011