Do you know the difference between internal and external? adult content

Yes I'm posting this in General parenting since I see it most here. And I'm not trying to rant but it does get somewhat irritating to see how many women do not know their own anatomy...

Internal=vagina
External=vulva

Ok, I feel better and maybe someone will learn something.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I do. Your vulva is what you can see =) I think it's important to teach children the correct terms for their body parts btw. My daughter doesn't know the word Vagina, because she hasn't asked, and IMO she doesn't need to know at 4yrs old.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• @saysha - the vulva includes those - it's the general term for the outer female anatomy in that region.

And yes, I knew that OP. Gotta love all these women that either didn't pay attention in health class, or feel sorry for them if their school district didn't include health class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lol!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:03 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yes I did, but you also have the labia majora, labia minora and clitoris in your external.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• LOL! I hear you! Truthfully, I ignore those questions :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Everyone grab a mirror and a text book. There will be a quiz at the end! It really amazes me that women know so little about their body. I had to have a cervical biopsy a couple of years ago and when they tried to turn the video screen away from me I made them leave it so I could see too. My doctor knows that I am strange so I also got an internal pic of my "area" to take home to my husband. It now has a red bullseye drawn on it and is framed! LOL

tisharanes

Answer by tisharanes at 10:52 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• WOW
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Great point saysha! If more women knew about their bodies, maybe there would be less confusion on how you can get pregnant.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011