Smoking.... Dear God I'm killing myself

Help me out moms please.
I was never a smoker. But over the past few months my stress level has gone from "Eh i'll be ok" to "Fuck Fuck FUUUUUUCK!! God just fucking kill me!!"

Finances are tearing my apart. I wish I could say we're maintaining but we're not even doing that. Dh is gone working and I live nowhere near relatives.

I found myself pacing about a month ago.. I mean really wearing the grass out and this chick hands me a cigarette. She said, "Here, this will help." I told her no but I took it anyway.

Later that night as I was yet again stressing out I found it and smoked it outside (away from the kids).

Now i'm smoking.. couple times a day. It helps for a little bit but i'm right back to stressing out. PLUS, i'm not sure if this is normal or not but when I do smoke I get light headed. Dizzy...Ever been high?? Yeah like that feeling.

Is the dizziness normal? I don't want a full blown habit, tell me how to kick this now!!
Help moms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• 100% agree with everyone else.. QUIT NOW before it gets completely out of hand. You may THINK it is already out of hand, but trust me it isn't! It will only get worse from here on out the longer you continue to smoke. Trust me I know! Find different ways to deal with your stress levels, work out, talk to your doc, ect.. You say your having financial issues also.. those will only get worse as well when you find yourself on a pack a day habit that will cost you $180 a month or more depending on cig prices in your area. I wish I had quit right about the time I started feeling the way you do now!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I just quit last Tuesday. Cold turkey. And if you're not really a smoker, then the dizziness is normal.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would treat yourself like a full blown smoker. Stop now I would just go cold but if you have to have something get some cinnamon candy.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Dizzy is normal when smoking since it constricts the blood vessels. It means that you are depriving your brain of oxygen.

I'm not condemning you since I used to smoke. Smoking actually will stress you out more...once you have that cigarette, your systems slows down but then it speeds back up to compensate and the stress gets worse.

don't buy anymore, don't take anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Smoker here. First, the dizziness is normal if you have never been a smoker. If you smoke too much and your body isn't use to it you may vomit. That might break the habit in it's tracks lol. Everytime I have quit (and went back, stupid i know) i'll get that dizzy, tingly feeling when i smoke. I would say make an appointment with your dr. Maybe some meds for stress or anxiety, even short term would help and be alot better than smoking. I hate the habit and plan on quitting (again) soon. good luck!!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• PLEASE stop now! I am 29 1/2 I have smoked since I was 13 and I HATE it. I have gone from just a couple a day to two packs a day to 1/2 a pack a day. It is a NASTY habit that I hate to have. Just don't do it anymore.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:13 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Everytime I have quit (and went back, stupid i know)
    Answer by Astraea_79

Not stupid, normal!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• QUIT NOT WHILE U CAN!!!! I am 21 years old, been smoking since I was about 16. I have had chronic bronchitis OVER 3 times now in the past 2 years, not to mention thats a whole paycheck in itself! I am trying so hard 2 quit, I haven't smoked in 2 days, mainly because it's cold outside and I refuse to smoke anywhere near my kids. I have never been so stressed out in my life right now, but smoking does nothing to be honest. If u ever need someoen to talk or vent to, just message me. =)
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 5, 2011