What do you do with your kids when...

I just had my second son, I go to school, and I'm looking for a decent job to get me by. I live with my mother for the time being, but I don't really want to anymore. I need to move out, but I'm not sure what to do with my kids. I go to school for 830 to 5, and I'll be working on top of that, I have a 1 year old and a 1 month old..they are too young for day care. I dont have much family in this country, and I dont want to live in the area my mother lives in. And I'm sure I wont be able to afford a babysitter.

Even after I finish school, what am I supposed to do with my kids when I go to work?

Its a dumb question, but I really have no idea.

Any suggestions?

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 10:12 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Most day cares will take children as long as they are 6 weeks old. So your one year old would be able to go no problem. The other one would have to wait a little bit before attending.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:14 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• trade them for birth control devices on ebay maybe?
    do_me22

Answer by do_me22 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You may want to lok into inhome daycare...they often take younger that 6 weeks
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:18 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Daycare, Nanny, etc. There are all sorts of options. You can find moms that keep kids in their home. There are big box daycare facilities. You can hire a Nanny. etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This all sounds like wishful thinking. You go to school all day, and you don't have a job. Have you ever lived on your own and supported yourself? Even if you get a full time job, I doubt you're going to be making enough to pay for babysitters of when you're in school and working. Also, I hope you're taking birth control so you don't have another child right now. You need to concentrate on getting an education so you can, in the future, support yourself and your children. Is the reason you don't want to live with your mother anymore because she's saying some of these same things, and you don't like her telling you what to do? Think about your situation realistically. It sounds like your mother is willing to help you. Take the help you need right now. Study hard and make a good future for yourself and your children.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I was in a similar situation- my boys' father & I split, so I moved back w/ my mom & went to school full time. Did I always want to be there? NO. But I realized it was the best situation for my children at the time. Since you are not working, but are going to school, you may be able to get asst. w/ the cost of day care. Please dont rush into getting your own place until you are ready. It's great that your mom is there for you & your children. If their father(s) can help too- that's a plus. (*Oh, & plz ignore the ignorance of some on here- it must be nice to sit on your throne & pass judgment - I guess they forgot someone else has the job of Judging us!)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• stay with your mom untl you finish school. this way you can just focus on that. i am in school myself. my daughter goes to daycare. you can put them in as early as 6 weeks. maybe get daycare assistance. if your mom is helping you why leave now. still get a job if you want and she can watch the children. but if you can;t afford to be on your own right now why put more stress on yourself to be on your own with your kids with school and work and paying all the bills on your own. think of your future right now as your chidlren's future. think what is best for them. i knwo its hard but its what is best for them right now. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:23 AM on Jan. 5, 2011