How can I get my son to eat green veggies

went to the doctor yesterday and they checked his iron, it was a little low at his 1 year check up and at his 2 year checkup it is still low, so we spent $30.00 on veggies, but he will not eat them. I put cheese on them, plain, combined them with rice, combined cheese with rice, he will not eat his veggies.

jagrus

Asked by jagrus at 10:22 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Offer only the veggies, if he is hungry he will eat.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:25 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• ok thanks
    jagrus

Comment by jagrus (original poster) at 10:26 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Try to make it fun for him. Let him make things with them. Granted we teach our kids not to play with their food but if it helps him get healthier why not. I don't know if it will work but it's worth a try. Good Luck.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• my kids eat ANYTHING with ranch have you tried that? ot puree them and put them in what you are making ie speghetti sauce taco meat potatoes etc
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• When you are cooking dinner, and he's getting hungry, put veggies in a little dish on the table, tell him he can eat them if he wants. Then you take a little too. Try raw and cooked. My sons always liked frozen peas and green beans, just out of the freezer, crunchy. Also, when you make a meatloaf, casserole or spaghetti sauce, put some veggies in the blender or food processor, blend till there are no chunks, and add to the food. I also make a smoothie drink that they like. chunks of banana, chunks of an apple or other fruit, and a handful of fresh spinach with a little juice. Blend. You can't taste the spinach.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I'll add that if you try hiding them, he will never learn to accept and like them as they are. Be consistent, and understand that it can take 10 or more times for a toddler to even TRY a new food.
    No normal child will starve their self, and eventually he WILL eat what is given to him.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I give my kids dip with their veggies :)
    grace2joy

Answer by grace2joy at 2:37 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I have that problem too & will try the dip!! thanks for sharing. I have hidden cauliflower in mashed potatoes (yummy) & other veggies in dishes but he has never learned to actually eat the veggies.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 2:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• There is a great book written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife called "Deceptively delicious" I think. It has tons of ideas and recipes for hiding the veggies in the food they already like. Good luck!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:40 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Good luck!!!

babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 2:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011