how do i help better my marriage?

we fight, argue, and sleep far apart from each other. we dont talk, or have sex. my marriage is falling apart and i dont want it too. i come home from work and he leaves. help...

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 10:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Find a hobby or a friend (girl) to spend time with. Show him that there is more to life than arguing over spilt milk. Men hate it when woman find productive and satisfying means of happiness. Make him work for it. GL

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Counseling. GL!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• maybe ya gotta start communicating with him! Set a meeting time so you can talk this is a little odd but works great for me and DH! after we put the kids to bed I usually run a bath for myself and DH comes in and that gives us some time to talk about what has happened during the day or if something needs to be planned or sometimes even decisions that need to be made we often do that then it is uninturrupted time and my oldest who may or may not still be awake knows that this is mom and dad time. and usually does not intrupt us!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Communication and listening are key in keeping a marriage going. You need to sit down together and talk about the issues in calm, rational tone of voice (no yelling, or fighting). Each of you needs to talk and to listen to what the other is saying, and think about what they are saying. Maybe you need to find ways to 'reconnect'- start spending some time together, go out on 'dates', make it a point to seek each other out and talk each day. It does not have to be very long, maybe a few minutes in the morning, or at bedtime and ask 'how was your day?" or "so what are you doing today?" I also think that marriage counseling would be a good idea--- if you both are willing to do that.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:04 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Make time to do something you both enjoyed when you were first in love. Then have a talk about what you are both going through right now. Maybe your relationship is currently not in an optimal condition, but if you both recognize that and keep an eye on better things ahead, you can turn this into a temporary down turn and actually gain momentum for a long and happy future.
    CoolChick1959

Answer by CoolChick1959 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• go to chrusch and join a marriage bible classes
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 5, 2011