What do you think about Grocery Delivery?

I'm a working mom of 4 and totally despise grocery shopping and was wondering if there are any other moms out there that 1. Feel the way I do and 2. Would take advantage of a grocery delivery service if it existed in their local geographic areas? I hate grocery shopping so much that I've gone as far as hiring a web designer and creating a company that would specialize in doing grocery shopping and delivery for a flat rate per month. What do you ladies think of this concept?

GroceryMom

Asked by GroceryMom at 10:29 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• There are several stores that offer home delivery service in our area, also online ordering & curbside pick-up for on your way home (from the health food grocer, no less). They're both popular services here, so I think you'd do great offerring that type of service in your area, too.

The only drawbacks I see to this type of service, other than a slight increase in your grocery bill with the delivery fees, is that you can't choose your own fresh veggies & fruits, you can't take advantage of unadvertised sales and I don't know if you can utilize coupons or not. Other than those things, it's a great service for busy people who hate to shop.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well what i had in mind was offering delivery for the big stores like walmart not just the grocery stores that offer delivery.
    GroceryMom

Comment by GroceryMom (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• what do you think would be a good fair monthly rate to go shopping twice a month for a family? I was thinking 65 bucks a month.
    GroceryMom

Comment by GroceryMom (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• OMG I WOULD LOVE THIS!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I prefer to do my own grocery shopping. I think it would be great for people who can not do it themselves. Elderly, handicapped, etc...
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I used to have my groceries delivered when my kids were little and it was hellish taking them to the store with me. It was a life saver. They delivered baby formula and diapers. BUT, it was more expensive than doing it myself. And I found I ordered the same stuff every time. I didn't try new stuff. So it got a little boring.
    There is no way I would pay $65/month for it. That is too much. Maybe $30. Good luck with it!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 10:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I think it's a great idea. I was looking online just last night to see if our local grocery store offered something like this. Sadly, they don't. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:07 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yea i think in most places they dont offer grocery delivery to stores like walmart etc either
    GroceryMom

Comment by GroceryMom (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Jan. 5, 2011