Ovulation question for experienced Cervical checkers LOL

I got a positive ovulation test Monday..or at least I think I did. I have bd for the past 5 days so its hard to check cervical mucus. When you got your positive ovulation test was your cervix soft high and open? Was it shaped different? Here it is two days later and my cervix is still open and kinda squishy but it never got REALLY soft just softer then normal. I am a little usure of the ovulation test put mostly when I call when positive I do get a period 11-13 days later so I am assuming that they are working.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• What is bd?

When I ovulate, around 2 days before, my cervix gets softer. It moves almost to a point where I can barely reach it and the opening gets wider. It stays like that for around 5 days and then comes back down and closes up.
    As for actual ovulation, I rely on basal body temp rather than OPK since they get pricey month after month.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• It's normal for your cervix to still be high and soft a couple days after a positive OPK because OPKs don't turn positive ON the day your ovulate. They turn positive when you get a LH surge which can happen up to 48 hours before you ovulate.

If your cervix is high, open, and soft (even if it's just a little softer than normal) then you should continue BD until it closes and becomes low and firm OR until you have a substained temperature rise for 3 days or more.
    Anonymous