Would you run for President knowing the scrutiny your family would be put under?

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has made no secret of the fact he's considering a run for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012.

But he admits that his wife and four daughters are wary of the media scrutiny that a White House run would bring to their family.

"It scares them to death, and it should," Daniels tells the Terre Haute Tribune-Star's Maureen Hayden.

Daniels, who previously served as George W. Bush's budget director, wouldn't offer any details on internal family discussions about a potential 2012 run. But, he said, "It would be a big deal if they said no."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think I could put my family through something like that.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I couldn't do it. I really enjoy my privacy & it would kill me if anyone insulted my family. I'm too emotional for all that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No. I'm a private person,and even though I have nothing to hide, my family's privacy is too valuable to me. I'll just stay in my little anonymous corner of the world. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The media could scrutinize all the want we really have nothing to hide, however my husband woud have to have a permenant warning label sewn to the front of his shirts or maybe even tattooed on his forehead "Diagnosed with PTSD and does not play well with large crowds of shouting people." LOL
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:36 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't want the job regardless of the scrutiny.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't. A dear friend of mine is very active in local politics, the party has been trying to get him to run for Congress for years. he absolutely refuses - he feels he can better serve the country by being a lobbyist for things he cares about.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:38 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• not phony bologna enough for that job,,,lol

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:40 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No. I value both my time and my privacy way too much.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:44 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• No way. I've got more skeletons than a graveyard, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I could not put my family through that. He criticism for anything you do, media there, and all the people analyzing everything you do. NO thank you!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 5, 2011