Birthday Ideas .... please =)

Daughter's first birthday is on Jan 29th, and i'm not sure what to do. Also, her father and I aren't together,...and our families don't really get along because of what happened during our relationship,...anywho,...do I invite them, or let them have there own party for her?

I need ideas on what to do for her birthday, so if you have any, let em' out =) THANKS!!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had my son's at McDonalds because some wouldn't go here or there. It was neutral ground.
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 3:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• since it is her first and you dont get along with the ex-inlaws. i would do a family get together with just your family and friends. nothing too bug bc at that age they get easily distracted. balloons, cake, presents and maybe some noise makers in a fun loved theme. let your ex have one with him and his family. that way you wont have a blow out! :) gl
    JOR_HAIL

Answer by JOR_HAIL at 10:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• If your families don't get along, then do separate parties. Remember that 1st birthday parties are more for the adults than for the child.
    Personally, I'd have a small private party with just MY family. A small cake...a separate for the child to have fun with. Take lots of pictures and have a great time.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• What about having it at a restaurant, but decorating the room reserved for us? It would be a family restaurant of course...idk if that's too cheesy for a first birthday.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Wow! I didn't even think of a place with a childs play room...mcdonalds or chick fil a! maybe chuck e cheese!!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011